Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Update, Catch-up

OK, well... It's been 2 years since I've updated.  Let's do a quick, timeline catch up, shall we?

October 2011, taught myself to knit:
Well, I had help.  In fact a small village from 'Wyrd Sisters Yarn shop' help.  Specifically it was the owner, Cate, who did all the coaching.  My first swatch?  ALL the stitches were twisted.  I yarned over the wrong way...  and Cate's response:  "Oh, that's very even.  The stitches are twisted, which is a design element in some knitting."  See, the best part about that response is that I didn't do something WRONG, I did something just different.  And I was hooked on knitting from that point forward.
(That's Cate in Wyrd Sisters!)

Summer 2012, Wyrd Sisters closes when Cate moves to away.  And I was sad and scared to meet the new shop people.  Mosaic, and its owner Gina, move into the same space. Shortly after I was back to teaching and hanging out at Mosaic, my local yarn shop II.

January 2012, I become a first year Hufflepuff student at Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup.  Don't know House Cup?  Ha.  Well, if you follow me from this point forward, you will.  Oh, yes you will, my dear.

 I keep on learning how to do all things knitting until June 2013 and then I was ready for a new craft to add to my arsenal.

June 2013, Kim teaches me to spin and Pam sells me her wheel.  "Frigg" and I are now BFFs and during the summer spend LOTS of time together.

(there's a wedding in April 2014... that's kinda important!)

Here's my Cruciatus Wellwood Sweater that made it to the front page of Ravelry!
May 2014:
Around 15 sweaters later, here I am restarting the blog.  Because I've been asked to by some instagram friends.  So, I'll use this space to update and review  products and patterns.  I'll keep you abreast of yarn trends and anything you might want to keep up with on Ravelry.

Right now: May is MadMay (MadelineTosh Lovers) on ravelry and the beginning organization for 2 Tour de France events: Tour de Sock and Tour de Fleece.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back and look forward to new posts. I'm fairly new to knitting (just started in November of 2013) but love the craft so much I'm completely addicted. Thanks for the update on how you started and where you are now. It gives me hope that this is not just a passing fancy. (I'm an avid papercrafter).

    Susie

    ReplyDelete